4. Aesop Amazing Face Cleanser
5. OPI Nail Polishes in 'Tickle my France-y', 'Alpine Snow', 'Vampsterdam' and 'Bubble Bath' (not organic) 
6. Chloe Perfume Mini (not organic)

Let's face it, god only knows what goes into most of our beauty products..well actually he/she probably doesn't because there is nothing natural nor divine about half of the products that we slather on our faces. Luckily, the organic skincare scene is gathering momentum and there are safe, natural and non-toxic formulations to combat all of your skin-problems. Above (not including the perfume or nail polishes) are a few of my favourites at the moment.

My current favourite pick of the bunch is the Skin Owl Argan Infusion in Geranium which is a new addition to my beauty cabinet. This product - one of three for differing skin types - claims to decongest and combat the first signs of ageing whilst boosting radiance. I have been using it before bed as a serum under my moisturiser (although they suggest you use it as a serum+moisturiser) and it leaves my skin feeling so nourished and soft in the morning albeit a little bit shiny. The primary ingredients are raw, unrefined Argan Oil and organic Rose Geranium Oil which is the perfect soothing skin treatment for right before you hit the hay.   

Why Organic Skincare?

With more and more studies suggesting that there is a correlation between exposure to toxins and illnesses such as cancer, asthma and infertility (just to name a few) there has been an increased consumer push for natural, non-toxic foods.  This has also spilled over into the beauty industry (Beauty Counter, 2014) as the porous nature of skin means that we are absorbing toxins that come into contact with our skin. In addition to hopefully preventing disease, avoiding toxic ingredients, also means that the active ingredients are not diluted by toxic fillers and preservatives but rather exist in their most natural and potent form and therefore delver greater benefits. It's a win-win as far as I am concerned.

What to Avoid.

Mineral oil, parabens and synthetic preservatives are all obvious no-nos but for a more comprehensive Never List check out an article with Beauty Counter at Chalkboard Magazine here.

The Seal of Approval  

Prior to the passing of a 2011 law allowing the regulation of Organic Personal Care products in the USA, the USDA could not properly police the use of the word 'organic' in personal care products. However, since then, they have been able to monitor and regulated the use of that label - ensuring that all products are certified organic and therefore "at least 95% organic agricultural materials grown using earth-friendly practices without toxic or persistent pesticides (and the remaining 5% can only contain carefully vetted substances from a short list of approved additives)." (USDA Organic Skincare, 

When choosing organic skincare be sure to look out for the official USDA certified organic label/seal to be sure you are getting exactly what you are paying for.  

If you want to know more about USDA approved products, check out the USDA Organic Skincare Website here

* Although I love the idea of sticking to only organic products for my face, being a model it is almost impossible during this stage of my life - as such the move to organic living will be a gradual change for me.*