4.10.13

TWINS






(Chelsea Wool Hat, Luv Aj Shark Tooth Handpiece, Revlon Lipstick in 'Black Cherry', Shape of Things Rings, Mr Kate Rings)

 Cogitate (Verb) : To think carefully or seriously about something.

So without much further ado i'd like to introduce to you the primary subject of my most recent cogitations; the relevance of a vampy pout in my life for the upcoming winter.
On the one hand I love the way it looks; dark, sultry and oh so mysterious but with the obvious drawbacks of  feathering, the inability to eat along with the broodingly gothic connotations, I am approaching this trend with caution. 

While lipsticks like the aforementioned Revlon in 'Black Cherry' have a great colour payoff, they are often prone to slipping and sliding off my lips more than a small child on ice-skates. So for days when I don't have the time to be touching up constantly, I find a good lip pencil such as the Nars Velvet Matte Lipstick Pencil in Cruella or the Bite High Pigment Matte Pencil in Bramble a good alternative. Although these colours are neither as vibrant or dark as 'Black Cherry' the convenience and wearability, makes for a match made in heaven...just don't forget to apply a balm if you want to keep your lips as supple as a baby's derriere...yes I did go there! 

I am really getting back into accessories now that I don't have to go through the hassle of overweight luggage and hefty fines at airports every other week. These new additions to my wardrobe are sure to be getting a workout over the winter as the need to cover up from wrist to ankle becomes more and more pressing.

How do you all feel about a vampy lip for fall? 


Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the pictures and thumbs up for the vampy lip !

    comelycobber.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig